Thursday, September 26, 2019

Hearts from Erin


Another week, and a few more finishes from the UFO drawer! These two tops came from Erin (thanks Erin!) There were 5 tops total, so the others will be done soon.


I love these pretty appliqued scrap hearts. I would never be patient enough to hand sew all of these! I'm so glad someone is and willing to share their talents with Covered in Love.


These strings with the black background remind me of Amish style quilts. I quilted it with navy thread.  Erin sent along the tops, backing, and binding for her quilts, big thanks!


The Quilt Inspectors were 1 year old last week.  Here they were one year ago, as of Saturday the 28th, all snuggled in their box with their siblings.  D'awwww  :)


Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 500 so far! The September/October drive is going on now.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved.


Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts!! Cute kitties! Enjoy your day!! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never get that many hearts hand sewn either. Applique does not seem to be my thing. I have pieces cut for 4 blocks for this month's drive that I'll be sewing together at a day retreat today.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all those hearts! They look perfect and make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big shout out of THANKS to Erin for those beautiful tops, backing & binding. Hand appliqued hearts are awesome & I love the black sashing for the string quilt.
    Awww, the quilt inspectors have come a long way in a year's time! They were so cute as kittens & are beautiful/handsome year olds now. You've taken good care of them & I know they appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! So generous! Those hearts and then to donate the quilt. Super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Way to go, Erin! These are lovely quilts and I'm sure the families who receive them will cherish their beauty and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kat! Awwwwwwwww! Just one year ago - look how sweet and little they were. Now we need an updated photo of them or whichever one stayed around. I adore the hearts quilts. I love to do that type of handwork . . . makes me want to jump right home and start one immediately. Seriously. And then send it along as a donation - what could be better than to literally be covered in hearts sewed with love?! Thanks for sharing with us. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that heart quilt is filled with so much love! What a great gift to someone who needs a lift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty both these quilts are. All those hearts in pretty fabric do make my heart smile. How lovely to be gifted these quilty hugs. Oh how sweet those little kitties were.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kat, I need your current mailing address. I've got a few blocks to send you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome quilts, Kat (and Erin!!) Happy birthday to the Quilt Inspectors. I would encourage anyone to make a set of Block Drive blocks. They are SEW easy (and mine will heard for TX soon!)

    ReplyDelete