Thursday, September 10, 2020

Spinning Pinwheels

Hey everybody, I hope your Labor Day was relaxing and you had a good week. I've got some bright and sunny quilts to show off! The first ones from the March-April block drive

 

These were pieced together and quilted by some of CiL's wonderful helpers! The first 3 were done by Beryl in UT.  She likes to use this wavy line quilting that I really like the look of.

 

Yellow and blue is my mom's favorite color scheme and I love how spring-y and bring these quilts look! They're some warm and happy looking. 

 

These next 2 were pieced and quilted by Tammy S. from Kansas who has been helping finish CiL quilts since 2018.  This time she chose a flower panto that worked just perfect!

 

We've passed 20 quilts in long-term storage here, which means it's time for another delivery to the hospital soon. I work next week by maybe Chaplain Perry and I can arrange a breakfast meeting.

 

Things have been rough in the world lately, with politics heating up toward the election and Covid conspiracy theories seeming to be more common and more tolerated.  As a healthcare worker I can tell you that what is most wearing is not the daily work or the ill patients, it's the attitudes of people on Facebook proclaiming masks are more dangerous than the virus.  It's people in Walmart and church, that's what gets exhausting and disheartening.

 

I hadn't been away from my hometown since January, so I got a few days away this week to a quiet lake with a friend.  Took some time to read and get away from social media and refocus.  I hope you can find some time for yourself to do something similar this week.

 

Spotted this strange sight in town last week, an adolescent fox scratching himself on the church lawn! I'm told there are a handful of them living in town who are semi-habituated to being around cars and people.

 

Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 600 so far! The Sept/Oct drive is going on now.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved. 

 


Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday

9 comments:

  1. Those all turned out great, Kat! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I love the blue and yellow together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those blocks went together to make perfect fresh, springy quilts for CiL. Blue & yellow always remind me of spring flower gardens. A big THANKS to Beryl & Tammy S. for their help in putting the blocks together for the tops & then quilting them.
    So glad you got some quiet time for yourself. Everyone needs quiet space for themselves from time to time during this stressful time.
    The fox looks a bit scrawny...but then I think all foxes are sort of scrawny looking. :)
    Hugs to you today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blue and yellow quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such cheerful and bright quilts. I also think that fox looks a little frazzled. Such is the life of an adolescent I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What happy quilts. And the next block looks like it should use up lots of little scraps. Thanks to you and all the dedicated health care workers who are trying to keep us healthy.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and cheerful quilts. Blue and yellow look very "spring-y" and just brighten up the day. Yes, thanks to you and all the dedicated health care workers and also to the fire personnel and other workers fighting the fires here in California. Social media is depressing and I try to stay away for my own mental health. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete