Thursday, May 20, 2021

H2H Round Up #1

Happy Friday! I'm the happiest of all, I bet. I worked long days at the hospital this week and I am beat, you guys, so this post is going to be a lot of pictures.  Hands 2 Help has been a huge blessing to CiL this year already. Here's a rundown of some of the quilts that have arrived so far.  Laura sent in this huge modern triangle quilt which as already gifted to a pregnant woman who lost her husband. 

Doris said she adopted the one on the left as an orphan WIP from Diann at LittlePenguinQuilts. The one on the right was a top from her friend Nancy, both intended to be finished for donation.  Doris finished them on her longarm and CiL is the lucky recipient!

Amber sent in these two quilts. I especially like the one on the right with the interesting shapes and the rainbow colors.

Carol made this huge, beautiful batik quilt in ocean tones.

Becky, a fellow Texan and nurse, made a little bit of a drive to meet me one day and deliver a LOAD of goodies.  Three finished quilts, four that only needed binding, and about 17 tops with binding and backing.

Becky's haul included several quilts well suited for men.

I quickly finished the 4 that only needed binding, to add to the 3 that were done. 

These two patters are so interesting to look at next to each other.

Odd one out I photographed last. I love the batiks!

Kathy W sent in this batik and the super cool flaming quilt. I'd like to get to know the person who matches to that one!

Adele D sent in these great masculine quilts and the star quilt below.


Anita sent in this pinwheel quilt.

Karen M sent in these 4 really nice quilts.

I especially love these masculine quilts. the quilting on the one on the left is amazing!


Beryl sent in this huge sampler quilt.


Elizabeth K sent in this cool green quilt.


And last, for now, Linda M sent in these two beautifully quilted quilts.


Thank you ALL! 

Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 700 so far! During May/June Tammy is hosting our block drive on her blog.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved. 

Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday

11 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful quilts given to bring people comfort! I am so thrilled to see my quilt top included there, finished by Doris! I always wanted to send that one to you, and Doris made it possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all SO PRETTY!! So glad you're getting a nice batch of quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every quilt is a winner. So much loveliness to see. The people who receive them will fall in love with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a stunning assortment of quilts in a variety of colors and patterns. The flamingo quilt is special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!! What a haul of drop-dead gorgeous quilts! I'm clapping my hands in thanks and admiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, just wow!! What an impressive load of gorgeous quilts. They are each so different and beautiful. I am blown away by the generosity of so many quilters. My issue is having quilt tops but no ability to complete them right now. Kudos to all those who create and complete and donate for such a worthy cause as CIL. Amazing!! Kat, you sure do know some wonderful folks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! What a great batch of quilts from these generous Hands2Help contributors, Kat!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, great response to one of my favorite charities! So many beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Goodness!! That is a LOT of love right there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I somehow missed this wonderful post last week. I love them all & it's so hard to pick a favorite. I'm really drawn to the cool green quilt. I love the fact that you will accept quilts at all stages in their lives. I'm so thankful to all who have helped with CiL in all the various ways. Kat, you are like the Energizer Bunny who keeps going & going (and giving & giving). Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete