Thursday, July 22, 2021

Orphans, UFOs, and WIPs

Welcome back to another rundown of quilts Louise has put together from the unfinished projects and odds and ends that are donated to Covered in Love! This modern setting of orphan blocks with negative space is one of my favorites, Louise blogged about it here

Louise also made this Jacob's Ladder from some charm packs. She wrote a funny blog about it here.

These present blocks came from Christine and made a quick finish, blogged here

I tried to capture to metallic gold in the fabrics, but you'll just have to take my word for it! There were pretty metallic highlights in a lot of the fabrics like fancy wrapping paper. 

This 16 patch was a scrap buster for me a couple year ago. I sewed 2.5" strings together and crosscut them to sew together into 4 patches and then 16 patches.  I got stuck on the step of actually sewing the blocks into a quilt and let them "age" for a few years so I finally put them in a box to Louise. 

I'm sorry to say I've lost tract of who made the central disappearing 9 patch part of this quilt, so if anyone recognizes it please comment! Louise added several borders of donated fabric to make it larger.

Finally, this quilt was put together from blocks sent in by Priscilla.  Thank you to everyone who sent in quilty bits and to Louise, the UFO -whisperer!

Photo bomber? Who me?

Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 800 so far! The July/August drive is running now, check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved. 

Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday

10 comments:

  1. What a great collection of quilts with the help of faithful contributors and, of course, The UFO Whisperer!! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Louise! She has a very creative mind!! Great quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^..^ Meow. … Inspector cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are all fantastic! Every. Single. One!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the sweet comments, friends! I enjoyed making this variety of colors and styles, with Kat's black/bright 16 patch being my personal fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louise has an amazing eye and ability to make masterpieces out of left over bits! All fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't see a single quilt that was made by the kitties !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb job with the orphan blocks created an artistic quilt. I want to make a sixteen patch block!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, how did I miss this blog posting last week? All of those quilts from Louise are masterpieces. If you have blocks & don't know what to do with them, Louise will make them into show-stopping quilts like nobody else I've ever seen! I think the 16 patch is my favorite in this group. Thanks, thanks, thanks for the UFO show.

    ReplyDelete