Thursday, July 1, 2021

Strings #3

Five more string quilts from January makes 12 total finished comfort quilts for Covered in Love! This first one with the pastel blocks is one of my favorites so far. 

There will eventually by 19 of these. (There is actually another one done, but there was a major dye-running incident so I'm still working on it...)  I really like the way they look arranged into color blocks.

The rainbow quilts are definitely stunners. I have made 4 of them so far.  I love the way the little bursts of contrasting color jump out. 

They're beautiful quilts, but also there's all the significance of rainbows, the rainbow after the storm, etc.

I've got got 6 more of these to sew together, so I am still working on them slowly but steadily.  It's good weather for working inside in the air conditioning! 

My parent's garden is booming and I've been putting up pickles because we have an abundance of cucumbers.  Everyone we know has been getting bags of cucumbers, I wish I could share them with all of you!

Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 800 so far! The July/August drive is running now, check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved. 

Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing up 5 more String quilts, Kat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty quilts, sure to cheer and fascinate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strings are so pretty and all the colors add such dimension - love these quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All so fun, bright and cheerful! Your pickles look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic string quilts from the Jan/Feb block drive. I favor the pastel one also. The families really, really need to see the rainbow after the storm.
    Great looking cucumbers that will make delicious pickles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of colorful string blocks. I can't even remember which ones I made and apparently forgot to take photos of them. Oh well, they're in there somewhere. Good looking pickles. I t must mean you're among those areas getting lots of rain. We're bone dry here and I imagine the cucumbers are not happy.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recognize those blocks! Don't they look fabulous sewn together. Very cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. String quilts and homemade pickles, two of my favorite things! I'm sure these lovely quilts will be a bright spot in a family's dark time.

    ReplyDelete