Thursday, July 15, 2021

2020 Oh My Stars! Wrapup

Thank you to those who have responded to my appeal for backing fabrics! I did get one mystery box this week, someone ordered 108" width fabric from Marshall Dry Goods and shipped it to me.  Thank you, whoever you are.  Several of you have ordered from or recommended Marshall Dry Goods to me, I had never heard of them before and I love their designs and prices!

 

Happy weekend quilters! We're wrapping up last year's red white and blue block drive just in time for the 2021 drive to start. Starting off with a few bonus quilts, Erin made this sweet patchwork top and I finished it. 

This top with the abstract wonky stars was made by Tracy and quilted by me.

And this quilt was paper pieced by the members of the Nurture circle of do. Good Stitches. It was assembled and quilted by Louise from Washington (different from Louise on the boat).  Lovely minimalist design. 

Getting into the block drive quilts, Gail made this top and Linda quilted it.

Linda got a long arm and has been extremely dedicated in helping with Covered in Love quilts.

This one (above) was also made by Gail and quilted by Linda.   

Linda deserves major kudos, a medal, and probably a vacation for finishing the majority of the 2020 red, white and blue quilts over this past year.

There were a total of 28 quilts from the drive last year, doubling our total from all the previous years! 

Aside from quilts, the largest excitement in my life has been getting a new washer/dryer to replace by very-used one.  Even though it's far quieter than my old one the kitties are suspicious of it.

The rain has started to dry up and with it the cucumbers, although we still have more than one family can eat.  We had planted some sprouted potatoes, just for the heck of it, and those produced the tiniest little mini potatoes ever.  Must have missed a step, or harvested too soon. Never grown potatoes before.

Our Japanese Eggplants are going nuts and I made a really yummy eggplant in garlic sauce from this recipe, I added green beans too, since we have those in the garden.  Somewhere at a Chinese restaurant I had an amazing eggplant dish that I've been chasing ever since. 

Another block drive in the books! Tammy has been working at the May/June blocks and has 3 new quilts posted on her blog here and here.

Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 800 so far! The July/August drive is running now, check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved. 

Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday

5 comments:

  1. These quilts are all so lovely!!
    I think the funniest thing is your cats are suspicious of your washer and dryer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous batch! Seeing all these r/w/b quilts in one post is like watching fireworks. Many thanks to all the hearts and hands who participated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you wrap up the RW & B quilts just in time for the next year. IT's a never ending process with these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful r/w/b quilts for families. So happy to see that 32 states & Canada & 60 quilters participated in this drive. Thanks to everyone involved.

    ReplyDelete