Thursday, January 27, 2022

Red White and Brrrrr

Blocks by Holly L assembled and quilted by Pam

Hey everyone, sorry I missed posting last week! I usually at least give you a cat picture if I can't get a post together but the whole day completely snuck past me.  As compensation here's another photo Sundae dressing up in my Christmas gifts.  


She's thrilled, really ;) Now back to your regularly scheduled quilt content.

These are the first quilts to be posted from this past summer's RWB patriotic stars drive. This one was pieced and assembled by Linda D., who does so much longarm quilting to benefit CiL.


This large top, being modeled by my mother, was made by Bonnie C and quilted by Wendy.  I said she looked like a quilt-ghost; she chose a quilt-crow (scarecrow).

I didn't take a picture of the red and white ticking on the backing, but it is absolutely perfect. 

These last two quilt were assembled and quilted by Linda D from blocks sent in by Mina. There is some lobster fabric in these blocks that is just too cute. 

Thank you to Mina, Linda, Pam, Bonnie, Wendy, Holly, and everyone else who supports Covered in Love

Another Christmas photo, one of my old quilts in its home.

Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 800 so far! The January/February drive is running now, check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved. 

Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday

9 comments:

  1. These are ALL amazing!! But! I actually have a favorite this time!!! Number 2 - I really like that one!!! These will be so loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection fo quilts! I just love the mini Ohio Stars grouped together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's just something about red, white and blue quilts!! They look polished and comfy. There really is no end to the varied arrangements, is there? You have fabulous helpers!! Thank you for sharing. I love your kitty in that sweater. When we got our dog, we tried dressing her up but she clearly hates it. Oh well, doesn't stop us from trying, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous star quilts. Love the variety of star blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great star quilts. They all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous quilts in Red White and Brrr, Kat!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beauties in this post! I don't know what to mention first...
    I can't get enough of admiring the star quilts for the well-dosed variety of shapes and the balance of the color palette.
    I think Sundae can't wait to undress her! :)
    But my heart really stuck to your quilt from the last photo. It's my kind of quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somehow I missed this post back in January. What a great batch of star quilts! I love your beautiful wall hanging, Kat. Do you put that out only for the holidays? And Sundae is adorable in her sweater :)

    ReplyDelete