Thursday, August 4, 2022

"Like a Rainbow Exploded"

Not much to show this week, the hot sun is interfering with my photo taking. I do have one little quilt, a baby quilt I made for one of my oldest friends!  The brief was: "No pastels. It's a baby, it should look like a rainbow exploded!" 

I had a panel is this really pretty, saturated fabric with a city-scape and flowers, and I extended that with my batik scrap bin. Quilted with a simple stipple and of course minky on the back for extra cuddle. Can't wait for baby to arrive!

 Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 1000 so far! The July/August block drive benefiting Uvalde is live now.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved. 

Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday 

8 comments:

  1. YAY! What a perfect Exploding Rainbow quilt! It’s so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE (and totally agree) with that theory on baby quilts and the quilt, too.) It is awesome, Kat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's what I call a baby quilt. I do believe it's the prettiest one I've ever seen & the name is perfect for it. Mom (and baby) will absolutely love this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the exploding rainbow quilt. I make all my baby and kid quilts in birght colors, no pastels from me! I have my Blocks done for this month, just need to trim and mail them.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! And simple to boot - what a great way to use that panel print.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this so much!! Totally agree that baby quilts should be bright and saturated <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous. The trend of neutral, color void furnishings is now tiresome. Give me all the color! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exactly like a rainbow! Woot Woot!

    ReplyDelete