Friday, June 9, 2023

Odds and Ends

 CiL received a nice big box this week containing yardage, some jelly rolls, and one donated quilt. There wasn't a name, so if that was you please let me know! Thank you!

I didn't put together a finish post this week, but I've got some in-progress shots of what I'm working on.

I paper pieced this Mariners compass center from batiks. I don't much care for paper piecing, but sometimes it's the only way to get a certain effect.  Every ?$!#! time I paper piece I think I've learned my lesson and I won't have short seams or run out of a fabric. And then there I am picking through the trash for the tiniest pieces to make it work.

Anyway, I made it stretch. I attached the compass to a solid background with bias tape and now I'm building out a top with interlacing borders.


Hambone here is always by my side and trying to help. Hope you're all having a good start to your summer!




5 comments:

  1. Really beautiful work Kat. This will be a masterpiece! Hambone makes me laugh! Glad you shared this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some extreme paper piecing, Kat! I feel your pain at having to dig in the trash for fabric to finish a section. I am also NOT such a fan of the technique, but consider it a necessary evil for certain projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning quilt, great choice of fabric and I see Hambone is gaga over his collaboration …sweet kitty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors used in the Mariners Compass! Hambone tickled my funny bone.

    ReplyDelete