I pulled blue and yellow shades, cut them to 4.5" wide on my AccuQuilt and then sewed them together in a braid pattern.
Initially I had planned to trim off the jagged edged and piece them together as usual, but I ended up liking the effect so much that I did raw-edge-applique onto a back background instead.
I quilted it all over with a stipple in black thread. This one has already been taken up to the hospital for donation through Covered in Love.
Here's an obligatory cat picture of Rory lounging on the back side of this just after it was quilted. Isn't that backing fabric wild? Gail gave it to me with a note saying she had no idea what she was thinking when she bought it! Well, just goes to show every fabric will find its home eventually. It doesn't exactly match the top, but I think it does "go".
By the way, a reprint of the paper article on CiL cropped up on AllPeopleQuilt this week. It's nice how they say I've "touched the lives of many patients in more ways than one" considering they don't know me :) Thank you to all of you who continue to contribute to CiL. You guys are the real heroes!
The current Covered in Love block drive is going on until the end of June if you want to help out. More info here!
Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, and Oh Scrap!
Listening to... something a little different.