Thursday, July 19, 2018

"Free" Quilt Round-up


Pieced and quilted by Judy
Happy weekend! Hope yours is going to be a fun one.  I am doing a round up of all the quilts that have come in already finished for Covered in Love recently. These free-to-me quilts that don't require any work beyond a label are such a blessing!


First up are 3 quilts beautifully quilted by Judy. The orange and grey quilt was one of her tops, the other two were ones donated to me that I sent to her to finish.

Hand-pieced by Sandra, quilted by Judy



This hand pieced 16 patch was sent in by Sandra, who frequently donates backing fabrics.  Judy finished it beautifully with orange peel quilting.  I got to see a couple of our quilts go to their forever homes a couple weeks ago in the hospital.  They are a huge comfort to families on some of the worst days of their lives.

Pieced by Theresa, quilted by Judy



This top is the last of the ones Theresa sent me last Fall. Judy's FMQ turned it into a real showpiece. Can you believe she does all this one a regular domestic machine?!


Beth from Vermont contacted me a while back to ask about donating some quilts. She had randomly inherited quilt a bit of fabric from an old Texas Shop-Hop.  Not so useful in Vermont! After donating a couple quilts to Hurricane Harvey victims she was looking for a good opportunity to put the rest to good use.  She generously sent in 2 beautiful finished quilts.

Pieced and quilted by Beth K.

It's hard to make out in the pictures, but almost all the fabrics including the white background have tone-on-tone Texas emblems.  As many of you probably know, Texans are just a little bit proud of our state, so these will be perfect to give away.

Pieced and quilted by Beth K.

Finally, Marianne sent in this pink breast cancer themed quilt made by the Dakota Cabin Quilters.

Sent in by Marianne



Thank you Judy, Theresa, Sandra, Beth, Marianne, and many more! These quilts will be a huge blessing to distressed families.

Covered in Love donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 300 so far! Our block drives are back on track and July/August is the annual "Oh My Stars!" drive.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved.


Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts for a worthy cause! The Texas quilts made me think of a funny story. My husband and I were at the Scottish Highland games in Scotland two years ago. They had a running competition for anyone who wanted to participate. They were asking people what country they were from; there were people from every country. They get to one man and ask him what country he is from. He replies proudly "I'm from Texas!" The interviewer said, "Well yes I guess I did know that Texas was it's own country!" Everyone had a good laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilts, each and every one of them! Judy's quilting is inspirational, and the Texas fabric made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts are all so different, but each one is beautiful. I really love Judy's quilting. She takes pretty quilts and makes them spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great quilts and such generosity! The addition of Texas fabric is so fun!! I’m sure that little touch will be well appreciated- even bringing much needed smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes me happy to see finished, donated quilts for CiL. I know that takes a lot of work off of you. I love anything that has to do with Texas so of course the Texas quilts are near & dear to my heart. Judy's quilting is phenomenal. Sure wish I could FM half that good. Thanks for sharing the quilts of love from some of your followers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beauties! I wish I had a longarm again, because I'd volunteer to quilt some for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What generous donations to Covered in Love!!

    ReplyDelete