Thursday, July 12, 2018

Scraps and Rolls



Happy Friday! Another week, another scrappy quilt! This beautiful scrappy top was sent in by Laura in Tennessee.


The blue is actually flannel, which gives the quilt a nice mix of textures.  I quilted the top with my usual quick stipple.


I love how so many scraps can look so cohesive.  Spot the backward block? Because I just now did ;)  I never fix them.  It makes me think of the Amish "Humility Block" which seems to be a myth, but I like the idea.  Perfection is overrated.


I also have finished this rainbow jelly roll race top that I made a while back.  Amanda had donated a roll of Stonehenge fabrics for Covered in Love and I decided on a simple design to show off the beautiful colors.


I found an awesome panel Sandra had sent in for backing.  I feel sure someone is going to love these quilts :)

Covered in Love donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 300 so far! Our block drives are back on track and July/August is the annual "Oh My Stars!" drive.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved.


Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday

11 comments:

  1. Congrats! on two more wonderful quilts for CiL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those two quilts will surely be loved by 2 recipients. It's so warming to hear about contributors to CiL & that's what makes this all so possible. Thanks Kat, for your foresight in starting this wonderful cause for grieving families. It's not easy to start & grow a charity like this & I really appreciate you & your efforts & all who have helped you along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the quilts. I am fascinated by how well random scraps can be so warming, soothing, and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing all the inspirational quilts today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful thing you do Kat; I've seen so many, lots quilted by my good friend Judy :-) and just two months ago, had a quilt I made for my mother's 70th birthday laid mostly beside her (she was running a fever) in the hospital as she passed away, and explained about what you do to my siblings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so right about perfection being overrated! As Angela Walters says, "Finished is better than perfect." That special scrappy quilt will arrive just in time for just the right family because you didn't rip out all the quilting to "fix" it. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That might be the first jelly roll race quilt I ever thought was beautiful. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really, really love that jelly roll race quilt! Wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great quilts. I don't usually like jelly roll race quilts, but this one is beautiful. The batiks really give it depth. It's wonderful to see the beautiful quilts and fabrics people donate. It may be a quick stipple, but it works great with so many different styles of quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It would have taken a long time to find the mistake without an alert--it took long enough with it. LOL. I like that way of unifying scraps a lot. And the strip quilt looks good too. It does show off the fabrics well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilts! I'm sure they will be loved.

    ReplyDelete