Thursday, July 26, 2018

Rainbow Bright


Pieced by Ben, quilted by me.

Happy Friday! I post quilts almost every week that have been donated to Covered in Love.  I know most of you are faithful followers who are well aware or what CiL is, but sometimes feel like I need to recap for new readers (Hi new people!).


CiL takes donated blocks, tops, and quilts to be given to patients who pass away in the hospital.  All 3 of the quilts on this post were tops sent in by readers which I quilted.  The quilts are distributed by the hospital chaplains when it is apparent a patient is going to pass away and serve as a source of comfort to family members.

Pieced by Connie, quilted by me.
Families making decisions about life support measures are having some of the worst days of their lives. A quilt is a small way to literally wrap them in comfort.  CiL has now surpassed 350 quilt delivered!

Pieced by Gail, quilted by me.

Our recipients are every age, every race, and speaking every language. Prisoners, homeless, and immigrants. Wealthy, celebrities, and heroes.  Death and grief make us all equal, and it's amazing how a quilt can cross any cultural divide.


Thanks to the wide variety of quilts donated CiL is able to have the right quilt available for the right family at the right time :)

Covered in Love donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 300 so far! Our block drives are back on track and July/August is the annual "Oh My Stars!" drive.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved.


Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday

14 comments:

  1. Great post - hey, we like hearing the story over and over !
    And I have some stars in progress, too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! on more that 350 quilt donated. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes 350 is a huge milestone!!! Did you ever imagine it would get this big? I am in awe of what you do. Thank you for sharing more tidbits about the recipients and their families. I've got like 15 star block I think. They are addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat, my strings are finally on the machine. ;). Been really scattered in my sewing lately. Sorry for the delay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts for a beautiful action, love to hear again the story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three really great quilts. I like getting an update on the number of quilts you have given away. It always amazes me that quilters from all over make donations of blocks, tops, fabric, and quilts to comfort strangers whose names and faces they will never know. What you do is really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love seeing the beautiful quilts you finish for donations. Congrats on reaching 350! That is incredible. You really are making a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Covered in Love story is one of my favorites! Right up there with "Goodnight, Moon" and "Where the Wild Things Are." A great story never gets old. Three more beautiful quilts here! Many thanks to Ben, Connie and Gail for providing the tops. And of course, to you, Kat, for all you do. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great summary! Those are three wonderful new ones to add to the total.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those 3 new quilts are beautiful. Keep the CiL story coming. I love hearing what you have done, why you are doing it & where it is today. Ben, Connie & Gail did a marvelous job on each of their quilts. Thanks to everyone involved with this work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Quilt Photo Staging setup visible in the 2nd photo! Complete with shingles and logs for holders. A girls gotta do what a girl’s gotta do. I plan to send stars!

    ReplyDelete