Thursday, October 6, 2022

Edna's Quilts

Happy Friday, Kat here again. I've got three very cozy quilts sent in by Edna. The first two are quarter log cabin string blocks like we have made for the January block drive before. 

Edna always rounds the corners on her quilts and I love it. I don't know why I don't do that more often. Do you ever round off the corner on your quilts?

Next, this great scrappy star quilt with rainbow colors. Again, this would make a great block drive! So many ideas.

I love the simple cross hatch quilting. It's so soft and cozy. Thank you so much, Edna!


Here's a photo from my recent hiking trip to Boulder, CO.  This was taken at the end of an 8.5 mile loop with a 2800ft elevation gain to the top of that mountain right behind us. That hike kicked my butt!



Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 1000 so far! The September/October block drive is live now.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved. 


Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday 

7 comments:

  1. Awesome quilts from Edna!! I'm not sure I could have worked up a smile at the end of that exhausting hike, Kat. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts from Edna! You're right about the round corners being awesome, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! that was quite a hike!!! Love Ednas quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many pretty quilts for CiL! I've been a little off lately but hope to be back with sending blocks soon! I love seeing all the great quilts donated! The star quilt from Edna ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another group of beautiful quilts. I never thought about rounding off the corners on quilts. I like that idea. Glad you had a good break from work & life. That hike would have done me in for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been behind on my blog reading, so I just read through the last several, and I can't believe how many great quilts y'all have finished recently. So cool.

    ReplyDelete