Thursday, October 20, 2022

Stars and Stripes

Happy weekend again quilters! Fall is finally here, and I even officially had to turn on the heater for the first time! Our little town's annual harvest festival will be this weekend and I'm looking forward to all the festivities. 

These four quilts from last summer's RWB block drive were pieced and quilted by Linda D on her long arm. (Linda is a rockstar.) I tried to get some decent up-close shots so you could see her choices for the quilting designs. 

Enjoying the cooler weather, I've been walking at the nature preserve most days. It's 3 miles round trip to the river and back.  

I see deer, wild hogs, snakes, frogs, turtles, so many birds, and lately lots of small alligators.  I think they must be a couple years old? About 3ft long with the tail. I haven't seen full grown alligator in a couple years, but I know they are always nearby. 

The kitties are enjoying their heating pad at night and they get under the covers if it becomes too cold.   I don't remember ever owning a pair of sweatpants? But I bought some recently and they're amazing. I'm living in them at home. 

The response to the July/August block drive supporting Project Linus was very strong! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to share with you yet, but I've been in contact with Cheryl and she was overwhelmed (in a good way) with your generosity.

She said they have stacks and stacks of blocks and some very excited quilters who are getting to work making quilts. I hope to have some progress photos to share with you at some point, but just know that they are very much appreciated. 

Hope you are all well and enjoying your Fall! 

He gave me a warning hiss but didn't move

Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 1000 so far! The September/October block drive is live now.  Check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved. 

6 comments:

  1. I spotted one of my stars...always exciting to find what one has sent in and to see the finished product. Thanks to Linda D. for what she does to help the Covered in Love mission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No alligators for me, thanks. Quilts are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SEW many gorgeous patriotic stars included!! Way to go Linda D!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda is indeed a rock star! These finishes look fantastic. I love that she uses so many different quilting motifs to make each piece special. And I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your nature walks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see all the creations for CiL. The stars are especially wonderful. I even see some of the ones I donated! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilts and fun, fitting quilting designs! And my would I be scared of that/those alligator/s ... xo

    ReplyDelete