Thursday, May 11, 2023

May Showers

April showers bring May flowers, so they say. But it's May now and we're still having almost daily showers! I try not to complain because I know we'll probably have a dry summer soon enough, but boy does it get steamy when the sun comes out after a rain.

All the quilts in today's post are tops made by Priscilla and quilted by volunteer long-armer Wendy, thank you, ladies!

The top quilt with the value HSTs has quite a few blocks turned the "wrong" way. There's so many that it must be on purpose. It gives the quilt a little spice, but the overall pattern is still clearly visible. 

By contrast, this quilt with the flip corners seems so precise. I really like the mellow colors in all three of these. 

By the way, things worked out with getting CiL into a fourth hospital and I dropped off quilts this week! All of you give yourselves a pat on the back!

I also shipped two BIG boxes to Louise this week, so we can all look forward to more awesome quilts from her soon :)

Linking to Finished or Not Friday

5 comments:

  1. I am eagerly awaiting delivery of those boxes today! What a treat to see Priscilla's tops all finished up and ready to bring comfort. She has an amazing stash of scrappy goodness. I love Wendy's quilting! The loopy leafy shape one is my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrappy quilts are my favorite. These are all so appealing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Priscilla & Wendy did outstanding jobs on those beautiful quilts. Their work is always a joy to see. Louise, sounds like you are going to have your work cut out for you with those boxes of joy!
    Congrats. on the 4th hospital accepting CiL quilts. Who would have ever thought it would grow to helping so many in need.
    I'm ready for our next block drive! Do we know when that will be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another stunning group of quilts to admire. I love the scrappy inspiration these quilts provide me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful sets! I love every one of these.

    ReplyDelete