Thursday, May 25, 2023

Pops of Sunshine

I've got another non-charity quilt to show you! I have also been doing some covered in love sewing. I made about 25 backs for various tops the other day


I'm making this post with my phone, so I apologize in advance for any weird formatting. 60° triangles are maybe my favorite traditional-ish quilt pattern. I have made a lot of triangle quilts over the years and it's my go-to for showing off fabrics.


I really liked the colorful flower fabrics I found for this. I told my friend at the local quilt shop, I feel like the fabrics that are trendy right now are very much to my taste. Makes it hard to not spend too much money!


Throughout the top I added in some little flanges of gold satin ribbon folded in half and tucked in the seam. When I was taking pictures they really shined in the sun.


I quilted it with an all over stipple. Someday I'm going to get more adventurous with my quilting, but for now it's just so simple and so good.


The binding is a flowery ombre rainbow. This is a gift and it's in the mail! 


Fudge tucked himself in for a Saturday morning nap.

6 comments:

  1. So nice to see you again! I love triangle quilts as well and this one is great! What size are your triangles? Hope all is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift someone will soon be receiving, Kat. Lucky them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great quilt! I like the flashes of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super cute! and go you for posting from your phone... I am impressed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that sprinkling of bright floral prints in an otherwise black and gray quilt.

    ReplyDelete