Thursday, May 4, 2023

Still More Fun Than Housework

Happy Friday! Here are four more quilts assembled and quilted by Cynthia from our past year's block drives. Cynthia did such a good job on these while also getting her own quilting charity, Compassion Quilts, off the ground!

Cynthia talks about 3 of these in this post and the fourth one at the bottom of this post. She talks about how she chose to sort and arrange the blocks and there are also more pictures. 

This next one is my personal favorite of this set because of the more saturated colors and the pops of green. 

Cynthia's Compassion Quilts charity is currently making patriotic churn dash quilts from the March block drive. Her next block drive will begin in June. 

As for CiL, I'm working with folks at a new hospital to see about expanding our charity over there. That would make 4 hospitals in the East Texas area!

I had to get a close up of the pretty batiks in this last quilt. So lovely! Thank you quilters for all your support!

 Linking to Finished or Not Friday

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these cozy Fall quilts!! That was a wonderful scrap buster of a block to make. I remember have SEW much fun digging through my browns and oranges. I'm surprised to hear that CiL is expanding, again. You have such a great for service, Kat! Thanks for allowing us to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so much enjoy your posts. I hope to contribute to the next series of blocks as my eye surgeries are over! I hope you are rested up and enjoying all these quilty labors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great, and Cynthia did a good job on them. I love both of your projects (yours and hers) and will keep supporting when I can, as much as I can. You both have hearts of love for others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks to Cynthia. She truly has a service heart! And I'm excited about the possibility of another hospital for CiL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, somehow I missed the info that there are 3 hospitals that CiL are involved with. For some reason I thought it was only 2. Now I'm really excited about a 4th possibility for us to share comfort to more families in need. Thanks to Cynthia for all of her support to CiL in addition to her own charity. She does beautiful work & quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the photos and for the shoutout. Congrats on the fourth hospital. Hopefully you are able to make it work.

    ReplyDelete