Thursday, April 27, 2023

Quilting IS More Fun Than Housework

Cynthia is a busy lady! I addition to her own compassion quilts she found time again this year to assemble and long arm some block drive quilts for CiL


First up, three Scrap Bin Geese quilts from last year's Sept/Oct drive.  You can see more photos of these on Cynthia's blog and read about how she put them together here. I'm a sucker for simple modern quilting, so I love these straight lines. 


Cynthia experimented with several different layouts for the blocks. Which do you like best, straight lines, pin wheels, or stair steps? 

I found this block because it was a block drive my do. Good Stitches circle did. You can see the quilt we made at the bottom of this post.  It was also partially inspired by this quilt block I asked the circle to make back in 2013.

There are another three or so quilts left to be made from these geese blocks, so I look forward to seeing how those come together!

Closing with a little bit of street art from Melbourne that I haven't posted yet. 


Linking to Finished or Not Friday

6 comments:

  1. Cynthia does fabulous work! I love seeing all the block drive blocks and how the subtle differences from everyone's different stash fabrics make the overall quilts so rich and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them all, but really like the first one best. She does do great work, and is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome quilts, Cynthia! Thanks for sharing them here, Kat. LOVE that block pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three designs are great! Though I had to re-look to see the difference between the last two. I think my favorite is number one! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these quilts are beautiful. Thank you, Cynthia for your contribution of these quilts. Love the street art from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed playing with these blocks. There are so many layout possibilities!

    ReplyDelete