Obit and Tribute for one of the most remarkable men I've ever known. I was privileged to call him family.
|Nursery wall hanging|
This is the field I'm going in to, and the last couple weeks have done nothing but reaffirm that this is what I want to do. But no matter how good of a clinician I am I can never be available 24 hours a day. With my patients I won't have the advantage of years of relationship and trust already built. Really good, holistic, palliative care for the last two days or week of life is too little, too late for families.
|Quilt-As-You-Go Sampler Tutorial|
|Drunken Circles, do. Good Stitches|
|Scrappy Country Home|
|Fibonacci, do. Good Stitches|
- The Conversation Project -don't know where to start? Start here.
- Being Mortal and When Breath Becomes Air - excellent, easy reading introductions to end-of-life issues in modern America and what matters in the end
- Handbook for Mortals - this is the "What to Expect When You're Expecting" for dying
- Have Your Funeral Before You Die - nice article on celebrating life
- With the End in Mind - another article with links to many good books
If you'd like to join in with Covered in Love's mission you can learn more on the main page or check out the block drive. The current Covered in Love block drive is a fun string block and there's a GIVEAWAY going on, too! More info here!
Linking to Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Crazy Mom Quilts and Finished or Not Friday