Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sailing Along: WIP Progress

Two days off is barely enough time to recover before I am back to work. I spent the entire day Monday napping and still went to bed at 10! Despite spending much of my "weekend"asleep, I did manage to assemble the "Sail Away" quilt top this afternoon.


I elected to go without borders or corner-stones because the top was becoming larger than I wanted. Instead I just sashed it with more of the same natural-colored linen and used the HSTs on the back.  I have an embroidered panel for the back (detail of the embroidery in this post), so I made the HSTs into a border for it.  Worked out perfect!


I have the weekend off coming up, so hopefully I can get this basted by Monday.

 Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful - I love the fabrics that you've selected and the way they all work together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little sailboat quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boats look so happy and I love the back. Great job! I too have the problem of the top that grows too big! I usually do not have such an intelligent solution as you, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out so cute! That label is really nice, what a special quote--one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete