Thursday, October 7, 2021

Pinwheel Drive Wrap Up

Top assembled by Holly M, quilted by Pam M

It's been a little while for this one. The pinwheel drive was in March-April of 2020, at the very beginning of the pandemic! It seems like longer than a year and a half ago. I picked this design because I thought we could use something easy and happy.  

Most of the quilts from this drive were finished quite a while ago, but these 3 tops were still hanging around, looking at me from their shelf.  Pam rescued me and finished them up.

I loved this novelty backing to go with the top! Looks like summer.  I think I had enough for 3 or 4 quilts.

With these three done it finally wraps up the Pinwheel block drive and brings the total to 25 quilts. 

Speaking of block drives, Tammy posted again on her blog about the May/June drive. She is a trooper and approaching 20 quilts!

Sundae also helped with quilt assembly.


Covered in Love is a 501(c)(3) charity that donates quilts to patients dying in the hospital, over 800 so far! The September/October drive is running now, check out the main post HERE if you want to get involved. 


Linking to  Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday

11 comments:

  1. That stack of quilts is impressive! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. 25 Pinwheel quilts? That is awesome, Kat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fun to see that a few quilt blocks for all over the country has such a huge impact!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts that will surely provide comfort to the recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that backing fabric too!!!! Makes me smile! Great job by all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that pinwheel pattern. I want to give it a try. I may make a yellow/blue/white quilt for you just to get myself started!
    Who knows what will come out the other side of my sewing machine?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first comment is gone. I don't think I clicked on "publish" before I left. :( Well, I just wanted to say what a beautiful batch of quilts the March/April block drive produced and how happy I was to see so many states participating. I will be so excited when I see all the 50 states colored in some month. Thank you all for the support, encouragement & love you send to Kat's way as she unselfisly carries on with these gifts of love to hurting families. Hugs to all involved.
    Looks like Sundae is taking a needed break from the fast moving assembly line.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was one of my favorite blocks to make! Such a happy color combination! Good participation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this color combo - they all turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh Sundae, You deserve to rest,
    You work so hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many thanks to Pam for getting these last beautiful quilts finished! These really brightened up my morning :)

    ReplyDelete