Thursday, December 1, 2022

It's Fall, Y'all

Many of the blocks in this quilt are from Beth H.

 Happy Friday :) I hope you all had a very nice Thanksgiving with the people close to you. I has rained ALL week but the sun finally came out today and got some quilt pictures so I can make posts for you! Also real quick I wanted to draw your attention to this post about an opportunity to support another organization like CiL running a block drive. 

Photo bomb by my new porch cat (stray). She doesn't have a name yet, I've been calling her "My Friend." She is very friendly and eats like a linebacker. As far as I can tell she isn't pregnant, and I will take her in to get spayed soon. My cats watch her through the window and they are NOT fans at all. 

These quilts were all assembled and quilted by Linda D. from our fall 2021 "Tall 9s" block drive. She chose the perfect quilting motif with leaves and pumpkins for these Fall-ish quilts. 

In this set of quilts most of them are made from blocks donated by just one or two people so the colors and patterns are very consistent. If you recognize that one of these was made with your blocks please leave a comment and I'll add your name.

I really liked the fabrics in this one, especially these little bees.

This is the only one where I managed to keep a name with the blocks, these are from Cindy B!

Cindy had some really great Fall print fabrics in her stash with leave and pumpkins on them. I'm looking forward to having more of these finished to show soon!

The leaves have just turned in the past week and I think they are the best colors I remember us having in recent years.

Covered in Love is currently taking a break from our usual block drive. If you are looking for something to do in the meanwhile check out this post for information about a block drive to benefit a new and very similar organization to CiL!

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed using my Fall fabrics to make the block that I sent in. These quilts are SEW gorgeous! Incredible to think how late Autumn arrives at your house, Kat. Enjoy your Block Drive break and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your fall tall nines look great and I even spy some of the blocks I sent in...too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - I love the rich fall colors! I really like the Tall Nines pattern and would like to talk to you about using it for my guild's charity efforts. Is there a copyrighted pattern or is the pattern available for sharing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. New kitty matches the fall quilts with her fall colors! Beautiful quilts - and kitty. Thank you for all you do - the quilts and taking care of the stray friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth H asked me to tell you that the first quilt contains many of her blocks. And she thinks Linda D did a great job putting them together into a super piece! I agree :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These quilts are fabulous. The cat drama must be very entertaining. Refresh and restore while you get a breather from block drives.

    ReplyDelete