Thursday, December 15, 2022

The Best Kind of Karen

The best kind of Karen is a quilting Karen! And there are three in this post.  Karen C. made this rectangular 36 Patch with lovely, homey fabrics. A perfect unisex quilt and I loved the backing fabric she used.

Next up, this amazing, saturated batik quilt in a quarter log cabin pattern. This is a LARGE quilt, too.

This quilt was pieced by Karen N. and quilted by Karen M. This is a great scrap buster pattern and making it all from batiks makes it look cohesive. 

Next, Karen M. used a simple pattern to show off some really cool fabrics. I have a friend who loves succulents and these prints made me think of her. 

If anyone knows the fabric line comment and let me know so I can link to it. I wish I had gotten better pictures!  

Lastly, Karen M. made this very modern and bright quilt from the pattern "Finger Paints" by Quilt Fort. It's quilted with arcing lines sort of line a Baptist Fan but more modern. 

Finishing the week with Fudgey 

Covered in Love is currently taking a break from our usual block drive. If you are looking for something to do in the meanwhile check out this post for information about a block drive to benefit a new and very similar organization to CiL!


14 comments:

  1. That first quilt looks so warm and comfy and I really love the colors and design of the last one. I wish that I could see the quilting of the modern Baptist fans better. These are all really nice quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each quilt is unique and all are oh-SEW-wonderful!! That pieced back? Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all so beautiful!! I'm working on one similar to the first but I'm using fall-ish fabrics. LOVE THEM ALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Covered in Love is so lucky to have so many creative, talented and generous Karens! Thank you to all of these ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilts, the batik one is my fav! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That batik quilt gives me an idea for using my overflowing batik scrap box. They are all wonderful, though and much appreciated, I'm sure.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilts, once again! Love the succulents quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fantastic quilts! I want to copy all of them! Congrats to the Karens! Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to all the Karens for such beautiful quilts. I believe my favorite of the day is the last one. I love the colors & the layout.
    Kat, I believe this is the succulent fabric that is on the front of that beautiful quilt.
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/1295432665/by-the-12-yard-canyon-kate-spain?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=succulent+plant+fabric&ref=sr_gallery-2-24&organic_search_click=1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Fudge you are so handsome meow!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some lovely examples of what your project inspires.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All beautiful quilts but the "Fingers Paint" one is a stunner. Including the perfectly picked quilting design. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Much gratitude to the Karens and all the quilters who donate to CiL!

    ReplyDelete