Thursday, December 29, 2022

Bright Winter Quilts

Wonderful Wendy made the quilts in this week's post.  Lovely bright colors to liven up the winter days! It's been properly cold here the past week, hopefully our one bad cold snap for the year.  

The first one is Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Trips Around the World design done with monochrome blocks. 

I love these bright rainbow color schemes. Wendy had the perfect rainbow color fade border for this quilt.

Lastly, this is very large and cozy disappearing 9 patch top Priscilla sent in that Wendy quilted on her long arm.

Unfortunately my work schedule fell where I'm working the weeks around Christmas this year, but at least I do have weekends off, so I was home on Christmas day.  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

The chaplains shared this letter with me recently and I wanted to pass it along, your quilts are all greatly appreciated.



Covered in Love is currently taking a break from our usual block drive. If you are looking for something to do in the meanwhile check out this post for information about a block drive to benefit a new and very similar organization to CiL!


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the sweet card from Cecilia. I wonder which quilt brought her so much comfort? Many thanks to Wendy and Priscilla for this week's gorgeous quilts! These lovely pieces will go to work helping someone like Cecilia, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How kind of Cecilia to send a note of appreciation for the quilt that kept David so warm & comforted while he was in the hospital & now it's doing the same for her. The quilts this week are especially lovely & will do their part to cover in love just as David's quilt did for him. Thanks to all who are involved with this wonderful cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts! I'm hoping to get back to being able to sew again, and get my longarm running as soon as I can stand long enough to do a couple of rows at a time. I'm going to make some blocks for Cynthia in January, and I'll be back to making some for you when the hiatus is over. Thank you for all you do for those who experience these terrible situations I've learned about first hand. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are indeed very beautiful quilts. Thank you so much for posting them and gratitude to the makers. Liz in Houston

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious note. Thanks for sharing that with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the bright monochromatic Scrappy Trips Around the World. It brings joy to my soul. All the quilts are beautiful. The note of gratitude is lovely.

    ReplyDelete