Thursday, January 5, 2023

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! I feel like every year since 2020 the new year has been a little fraught. You want to say it's going to be a better year than the last but... what if something like 2020 happens to us again? 

Anyway, I am quietly keeping my fingers crossed for a pleasant, uneventful, and healing year for the world.  Speaking of healing, all these quilts of comfort were donated by longtime CiL supporter Mina!

I know many of you will be disappointed, but CiL's block drive will be remaining on hiatus for a while longer. I just have so many blocks and tops that I need to finish here.   You can continue to support Cynthia's new project which has a very similar structure and target demographic to CiL. She tentatively plans to announce a new block drive in March.

I know many of you sent in blue/brown rail fence blocks already (thank you!). Cynthia has finished several quilts from donated blocks already, you can see some of them here

Hope you all had a great holiday and I'm wishing you all the best in the New Year! 

Important bird watching to do and Mom moved our stool


8 comments:

  1. OMG the cats. So dang adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a bunch of houses on my design wall, just not as colorful and funky as those. I've considered making one like that for a kid. And large flying geese have been on my mind lately..love those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mina's house quilts are among my very favorites! How nice to see that her other designs are just as lovely. Thanks for your donations, Mina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shot of the bird watchers! (the quilts are all beautiful too 😉)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to see more house quilts from Mina. I'm so glad you are having some time to catch up on the finishes.
    Looks like Fudge & Sundae are part of the Audubon Christmas Bird Count.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These weekly postings of quilts are always so inspiring! I'm a bird watcher just like Fudge and Sundae.

    ReplyDelete