Thursday, December 22, 2022

Warm Quilts for Winter

Happy Holidays everyone! It's finally gotten properly cold here and it's so nice to wear hats and hoodies and sweats!

Patricia's quilts are on display today. She sent in a big box with all these treasures recently. This very large quilt with the overlapping boxes is my favorite. I like how they look kind of 3D like pyramids. 

This very cozy quilt with homespun fabrics is my next favorite.   On the closeup you can how there is topstitching along the edges of the blocks. I'm not sure if Patricia did that or if this was actually a solid piece of cheater fabric but I love it either way. 

Next up, a really pretty breast cancer memorial quilt. We'll hang on to it for the perfect patient, or possibly an opportunity with the local chapter of Susan G. Komen.

My doc and I got Thanksgiving off this year, so we'll be working over Christmas.  I'll be off on the day since I don't work weekends, but we're working the week before and 2 weeks after. 

We seem to be going into another little mini Covid surge here, census in the hospital is up, so everyone be cautious with your holiday travel. Many of our patients are on their 3rd and 4th go around and the elderly just get so worn down by it that they're vulnerable to everything. 

The center of this quilt is actually cheater cloth, for sure, and I love how the simple color scheme works. 

Due to the work schedule I'm not getting to do my usual holiday travel to see family, so I'm going to try to work in some trips in the spring. I haven't been to Santa Fe in a year! Too long. 

This red and white quilt is last up today. Perfectly simple and striking!

...and the perfect quilting panto to match. 


Fudge and Sundae have been appreciating their heating pad on these cold nights. They are disgustingly cute sometimes. 


Covered in Love is currently taking a break from our usual block drive. If you are looking for something to do in the meanwhile check out this post for information about a block drive to benefit a new and very similar organization to CiL!


6 comments:

  1. Great quilts but that kitty photo takes the prize!! SO CUTE! My kitty likes it when I turn the electric blanket on high (it's covered with a spread) so she can enjoy the toastiness of it. And in my opinion, it's never 'properly cold' for me as I don't think it should EVER get cold in Texas--LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at the variety of quilts, colors, and fabrics showcased in these weekly updates. The quilts are a feast for the eyes. Love the Fudge and Sundae snuggle photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these quilt are so beautiful. I especially love the homespun one. CiL has so many talented & generous volunteers. I love the strip binding on the red & white quilt.
    Now Sundae & Fudge get the "Best in the Show" for this post. You just can't get more adorable than those two buddies.
    Merry Christmas, Kat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilts from Patricia! I really love the one with the postage stamp fabric. The pink ribbons are beautiful, too, and showcase her patient and careful piecing. Many thanks to Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great batch of quilts, Kat! Thank you to Patricia for providing such a wonderful range of styles to appeal to any number of patients!

    ReplyDelete