Tuesday, March 9, 2010

La Alhambra (Bargello)


The bargello top is finished! After seeing how large it is (about 90" square), I'm going to be pricing long arm quilters in the area later this afternoon. I'm happy with how the borders came out and I love the curves in the quilt; they remind me so much of the designs in traditional Arabic architecture. It's quite a bit darker in real life than it has been appearing in pictures. The photo below shows the colors (and the size!) most accurately. I can't believe how easy this was to piece for such great visual impact. I think there is a misconception that bargellos are difficult. That being said, would anyone be interested in a tutorial or even a pattern for this type of quilt?

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt is absolutely stunning!! Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gave u quilted your other projects if it wasn't on a long arm? Sorry like I said in new at this

    ReplyDelete