Friday, March 5, 2010

Wilson's Hammock


Wilson loves more than just about anything to be right next to me when I work and soak up the heat of my desk lamp. This causes problems, of course. If you've ever leaned over a cat to reach your sewing machine you know what I'm talking about. I was thinking one of those cat windowsill seats might be a good solution, but of course I'm too cheap to buy one. So yesterday in between projects I made this: a kitty hammock.

It's a simple sling that extends off the side of my desk. The fabric is removable so I can wash it. He seems to approve. Those are strips for my bargello quilt lying next to him. I have them all cut now and the first 3 of the second half are sewn together. Meanwhile, progress continues on the Couple of Squares quilt. I am working out this pattern and the cut requirements as I go so the blocks get progressively better from left to right across the top. Hopefully the rest of it will go smoothly and this can be the bottom when I'm done.

1 comment:

  1. I am so please to have found your blog! You have shared some wonderful quilts, thanks!!
    You sure are working on some beautiful quilts, can't wait to see how they progress!

    ReplyDelete