Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Sew Some Love

Welcome to the Sew Some Love linkup!  Please link-up any post about a project you're sewing for charity.


This week I got my February do. Good Stitches blocks done in the nick of time!  This month we made an assortment of heart blocks.  Pink is so NOT my color, so it was fun to get into my pink scraps and play with different fabrics than usual.  They are more saturated colors in person... this photo was the best I could do with the overcast sky outside.


Covered in Love has been so blessed by donations from quilters, I want you all to see what each other have going on!  For purposes of the linky, I'm going to define "charity" really generally.  If you're sewing a quilt for you co-worker's mom with cancer or your friend's uncle who lost his home, that totally counts!  Anything you're sewing out of the goodness of your heart for someone outside you immediate circle of family and friends. 




Some Quilt Charities:
Books and a Blanket - quilts for needy children in central Texas, promoting literacy
Covered in Love - quilts for mourning families
Kennel Quilts - small quilts for animals in need
Margaret's Hope Chest - several programs for children and adults
My Very Own Blanket - quilts for children in foster care
Ovarian Cancer Quilt Project - quilts auctioned to raise money for cancer research
Project Linus - quilts for children in the hospital
Quilts Beyond Borders -  quilts for poor children around the world
Quilts for Kids - quilts for abused and ill children
Quilts of Valor - quilts for veterans
Threading Hope - children and families in poverty and war torn countries
Victoria's Quilts - quilts for cancer patients
Wrap-a-Smile - quilts for children treated for cleft palate on medical missions
Wrap Them in Love - quilts for children

If you know of any that need added to the list let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Pink isn't my favorite, either, so I'm always glad to use it up, which leads to thinking that I probably should have some pink in my stash, so I buy some, but then it needs to be used up because it's not my favorite. Hmm.

    Pretty heart blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fun blocks - thanks for letting me know about the link up

    ReplyDelete