Thursday, April 14, 2016

Patriotic Finish

Johanna (no blog) is one of our regular block drive contributors and she also sends along tops from time to time.  I have two more of hers waiting to be quilted, and this week I have her patriotic top done.


This quilt features some really awesome fabrics, all USA themed.  Several of them have sparkles in the fabrics!


I added the gold border to make the quilt a tad bigger.  The border fabric was a donation, too, from Susan along with another quilt top to-be-quilted.


Thanks to Johanna, Susan, and all the volunteers who keep Covered in Love going.


Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it Friday.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm... this post just struck a chord with me. Off to go search the UFOs to see if there is a quilt top that I don't plan on quilting up any time soon... There may be a quilt with CIL written all over it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, just visiting you back from Quilting the Green Star blog. Your quilt looks great and I'm sure it will bring a family lots of comfort. I am our local co ordinator for Project Linus UK, a similar group for kids in need of an extra cuddle for many reasons and I know how magical this kind of quilt is and the delight people feel when they are given one. "The kindness of strangers" is a phrase I hear often from families who feel in such a dark place.
    I hope your charity goes really well,
    Kind regards,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you thru Crazy Mom link party. This project is wonderful! I'm helping a friend with one she's involved with thru her guild. What a wonderful, giving gesture. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice top Johanna made! I like the gold border that you added, too. Glad to see folks are contributing such cheerful tops to CIL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Johanna did a fine job on this, and Susan's border really sets it off. Thanks for all your work in keeping this going. What a wonderful way to spread love!

    ReplyDelete