Thursday, April 28, 2016

Eye Spy a Quilt

The first finish from the March block drive for Covered in Love is in and it rocks! I asked for blocks featuring novelty prints that would make adults smile and you guys delivered in spades.


This first quilt measures 50"x70" and got a simple all-over stipple from me.  It features 140 individual "eye-spy" patches made by 20 quilters.


Here are close ups of some of my favorite patches. First off, treasure secretary Alexander Hamilton! I am obsessed with the musical Hamilton so I got a big kick out of this.


Here we have a road runner, a scotty dog, an artichoke, and bicycle, along with some bonus small kitchen appliances in the background fabric.


Thank you to all the volunteers who contributed to this quilt.  It will be gifted through Covered in Love to a family who has lost someone dear to them and I'm certain it will bring smiles and comfort in a dark time.


There will be a second quilt still to come from these blocks, but in the meanwhile the May block drive has been posted!  If you would like to support Covered in Love please check out the block drive by clicking below.


Linking to Crazy Mom Quilt Finish it Friday.

5 comments:

  1. That quilt really will bring comfort and smiles for those who see it Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love this positive/negative quilt a lot. very nicely done...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fun finish, Kat! I enjoyed making those block, anf could see myself making a whole quilt out of them too! Unfortunately I broke my wrist about a week and a half ago, so no April blocks, but maybe I'll be able to sew again in May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is fantastic! It has everything! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kat, I am in awe of how much you do. These squares were fun to make but I just couldn't visualize them together as a quilt. You did it in such a fun and whimsical pattern. I can't wait to send you some more squares for a different month. It is a privilege to participate in your loving project! Thanks for the opportunity...Elana

    ReplyDelete