Thursday, April 7, 2016

Sampler Strings Done

A while back one of the Tyler Modern ladies, Sheryl, gave me two sets of block-of-the-month sampler blocks to make Covered in Love quilts with.  She was happy to get rids of some UFOs and I was happy to have them!


The first set is all done and quilted and I'm calling it "Sampler Strings" after the vertical string sashing.


Someone else had given me 3 more blocks from the same block-of-the-month so I had 15 all together.  Thank you ladies!! All I had to do was add some sashing and put it together.


The quilt got my usual quick, simple stipple.  You've gotta love those fun fabrics in bright, saturated colors!  If you would like to get involved with Covered in Love check out our main page for details or see our April block drive here.


I got to deliver 8 more quilts to the chaplains yesterday and hear updates and stories.  He told me that so often the quilt that they chose (somewhat randomly) to take to a family turns out to be the perfect one with a color, pattern, or fabric that has special significance to them! It's amazing how these things work out :)

Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it Friday & TGIFF at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework.

9 comments:

  1. LOVE your Sampler Strings quilt!! You used such an unusual setting, but it REALLY works!! I'm going to have to remember this for my next set of sampler blocks. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good, especially the string sashing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful quilt! How wonderful too that it was a UFO! I have my strings together for April, just need to do the corners this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you have done with those sampler blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job putting together those blocks! The quilt is so happy and bright. Thanks for sharing with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is gorgeous! The colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I commented on your block post. Just in case you don't get an alert.
    I managed a nonprofit. We taught at risk young girls to sew. We made quilts for charity. I have fabric and some tops that I can donate to you. If your interested please email me at
    slegan@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these bright colors! Great job!

    ReplyDelete