Monday, April 18, 2016

String-y Design Wall

Always a happy day to have new scraps on the design wall!  First I put some of the Covered in Love block drive lattice blocks up to see how they look. I'm not sewing these together yet, just playing. I know the lighting's bad, but don't these looks cool?  This is from the April block drive, which is still going on if you would like to contribute!


Next I finished the string color blocks that I was working on yesterday. These are made from Cynthia's Scrap-a-Palooza tutorial.  I did end up adding green as a 4th color way to have enough blocks for a 50"x70" quilt. 


Today I'm hoping to sew together the color block quilt and test drive some blocks for future block drives.  Hope your Monday is productive!

Linking to Judy's Design Wall Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome tutorials on your site. I will be sharing links to your pages on one of my future Friday Quilt Hops. And your header photo is just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your lattice blocks! So colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colours of your string blocks a lot - very happy and spring-like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely designs which will become lovely quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work, Kat (and contributors!) Both quilts make me smile. SEW bright and cheerful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those are both so colorful and pretty!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete