Speaking of baby sewing. This was another test block for my do. Good Stitches bee that I sewed into a baby quilt size. My month is coming around in June so I'm thinking about what to ask for. I need to find something pretty simple since I asked for paper pieced blocks last time around. Speaking of those paper pieced blocks...
Judy at Quilt Paradigm volunteered to do some quilting for Covered in Love and she's agreed to finish the Forest QAL top for me. I'm so psyched! Judy became permanently one of my favorite people on the planet back in 2014 when she sent me a box of her scraps to play with. She does incredibly gorgeous quilting on her domestic machine and she already completed the two tops I sent her. These two tops were made by another volunteer, Jo from North Carolina. Please go check out Judy's blog and look at the amazing job she did on our tops
|Judy's picture of her A-mazing quilting, click to go to her post|
Speaking of CiL, as some of you know we were selected to be one of the recipients of Hands2Help quilts this year and the first one just arrived from Cynthia! It's a gorgeous, saturated, bright quilt. I especially love the backing she used with gold metallic fabric. After I attached the label Rory completed the final cuddly-ness inspection. (Don't worry, the quilt got a wash after this!)
Speaking of Rory, she's been ever so helpful lately. I know ever quilter has had this happen to them: people find out that you can sew and they assume that means you can sew anything. Because upholstery and garment making are totally the same as quilting, right?
So. My dad has been trying for months to get me to re-do these cushion covers he found to make them fit the seats for his airplane (he's a private pilot.) Two seater plane means four cushions (butt and back for 2 chairs.) I protested and insisted that I wasn't remotely skilled enough but in the end he wore me down.
|So that's what the hole in my desk is for! To think, I've been putting my machine in it this whole time.|
The original cushions had piping which he agreed to toss out. So after some experimentation and some cursing 2 oversized seat cushions became correctly sized and 1 bench-seat back cushion became 2.
|The divot in the front is for the gear stick and fortunately was not part of what I had to modify|
Linking to Oh Scrap! and Design Wall Monday.